WEDC was launched in 1997 as a non-profit microenterprise development program. We are the premier resource for women business owners in the lower and mid-Hudson Valley. As the US Small Business Administration's (SBA) Women's Business Center for Westchester County and the Lower and Mid- Hudson Valley, and the Empire State Development Corporation's Entrepreneurial Assistance Program (EAP) Center for Westchester County, NY, we are positioned to help your company launch, grow and prosper.
Programs & Services:
Path to Entrepreneurship (in English and Spanish) - This 2 hour program will introduce you to the advantages and challenges of owning your own business.
Entrepreneurial Training Program (English and Spanish)
This 60+ hour comprehensive class is offered over 18 weeks and generally meets weekly. It prepares clients to successfully lead their own enterprises by developing a long term business plan. Sessions include Market Research and Planning, Websites and Social Media, Financial Planning, Budgeting and understanding the impact of credit scores, Management and Operations, Legal and Financial Issues, as well as coaching in Success and Business Presentation Skills. The comprehensive program also includes a presentation of your business plan to a Business Plan Panel and one-on-one counseling with the instructor to help determine the resources needed for a successful start-up.
Additional WEDC Programs include:
• Free one-on-one business counseling and peer mentoring groups
• Assistance with applications for micro-loans and crowd funding
• Workshops and webinars on a variety of topics including social media, franchising, legal issues, and more.
• Networking opportunities at WEDC's Spring and Fall Networking Events, our Strong Women, Strong Coffee Series and WEDC's Annual Gala
• On-line learning center and resources
• Assistance in preparing M/WBE Certification applications and educational workshops on becoming